Tuesday, May 10, 2011

getting to the first 100k

A variety of items can be bought from the general store and with minimal effort sold for a profit. Filling a bowl or bucket with water isn't too bad. Water is free. It might surprise you how fast you can accumulate wealth this way, buying out the general store and clothing store and then selling. I accumulate a stash of these products before I go to the grand exchange, just to be more time efficient. While I am doing this, I have a buy offer on the grand exchange for bowls at 25 gp each, a little above market price. I don't have many sellers, but I did get about 100 and after filling with water sold for 66 each. Tidy profit. A search of "bucket" on the grand exchange manual shows that a bucket is 39 gp, a bucket of water is 66 gp. It's much cheaper to buy a bucket at the store, but then you have to wait for the store stock to regenerate. If you can have 100 buckets without having to wait for the general store, you will make money much faster, even if the profit margin is not as large. But the buckets of water might sit on the grand exchange for awhile.
It is day 2, and I have passed 100k:

Keep trading,
JB

No comments:

Post a Comment